Kathy had wanted to start her own dessert shop ever since she visited one in Paris a few years ago. Since that trip she’s been practicing making all kinds of desserts. She’s tried making everything from Italian Tiramisu to Guava ice cream from South Africa. Now, she’s very confident in her ability to make great desserts.
Practice (verb); the customary, habitual, or expected procedure or way of doing of something.
- I practice the piano every day.
- I really need to practice my English pronunciation.
- Q. Have you been practicing parking? Your driver’s test is coming up.
Confident (adjective); feeling or showing certainty about something.
- I’m not so confident in my public speaking abilities.
- I’m confident the party will go well.
- Q. Are you confident that the experiment will work?