After returning from her trip Kathy successfully applied for and entered The Le Cordon Bleu Pâtisserie and Baking Program to become certified. She studied for almost two years in Seattle, Washington.
Apply (verb); make a formal application or request.
- I applied for that banking job at SMBC. I hope I get it.
- I need to apply to the Universities this weekend.
- Q. Have you applied for that research position yet?
Certified (adjective); officially recognize as possessing certain qualifications or meeting certain standards.
- I’m a certified barista.
- You need to be certified to teach English overseas.
- Q. Are you certified to use that machinery?